What is STAR?
STAR operates within guidelines supported by, amongst others, VisitBritain, London & Partners and the Society of London Theatre.
As well as working with government and other bodies for the benefit both of consumers and the ticketing industry, STAR offers general advice and information on ticket buying and provides an approved dispute resolution service for customers who have an unresolved problem with their purchase from a STAR member.
STAR has been at the forefront of cross-industry initiatives to improve consumer confidence, make ticket buying safer and combat ticket fraud.
What does it mean for you as a ticket buyer?
Buy Tickets with confidence
Buying entertainment tickets from a STAR member — in person, by phone or online — enables you to buy with confidence, as all members sign up to STAR’s Code of Practice, which requires them to treat customers fairly and make all transactions clear and straightforward.
STAR members will always:
- Provide clear pricing information in line with the strict requirements of the STAR Code of Practice, consumer law and advertising regulations
- Highlight any terms and conditions, including transferability, cancellation and viewing restrictions
- Handle bookings in a polite and courteous manner, giving the highest standards of professional service
Consumers buying from a STAR member benefit from:
- A means of differentiating reputable agencies and box offices from potentially less scrupulous ticket sellers
- The STAR assurance on standards of service and information from members
- Clear information about where and how to buy entertainment tickets
- A government-approved Alternative Dispute Resolution process