Effective Date: 13th of September 2021.
1. Introduction and Overview.
- Why TicketCo is processing your personal data.
- What personal data TicketCo collects, stores and otherwise processes
- Your rights regarding your personal data.
2. Intended Audience for the Service
Our Service is offered to business customers who are event organizers or venues that hold events of any kind. Events hosted may include concerts, political rallies, conventions, sporting events, concerts, theatre, and more.
While our Service is offered to our business customers, we may receive information about event-goer’s (i.e., people who attend events) through our business customers who utilize our Service. For more information specific to information collected on behalf of our business customers, please see the section entitled “Information on Behalf of our Customers” in Section 4 below.
3. Legal basis for collection and processing of your personal data
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires TicketCo and Organizers using the Service to provide ticketbuyers and organizers with more information about the processing of their Personal Data.
The GDPR requires us to tell you about the legal ground we're relying on to process any Personal Data about you. The legal grounds will typically be because:
- you provided your consent;
- it is necessary for to process purchases, requests or our contractual relationship;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations;
- the processing is in our legitimate interest as an event organizing and ticketing platform (for example, to protect the security and integrity of our systems and to provide you with customer service, etc.).
4. Information Collection.
TicketCo collects personally identifiable information from you when you use the Service. This information is collected and stored electronically by us. This information may be provided to us voluntarily by you, collected automatically by us from you, or provided to us from third-party sources as further explained in this Section 3.
A. Information You Provide.
We collect information about you when you use the Service, including information you provide when you register an account, offer or host an event through our Service, contact our sales representatives, access our content, make a purchase, participate in a promotion, or contact customer support, or apply for a job. Such information includes
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Account Credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data, including your age, gender, and country.
- Billing Data, including a partial display of your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), as necessary to process and verify ticket purchases. TicketCo does not store any identifiable credit card information.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support).
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
B. Information Collected Automatically.
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Service.
- Service Use Data, including data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad Id.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level) and, with your consent, precise location data (such as latitude/longitude data).
We use various current – and later – developed tracking technologies to automatically collect information when you use the Service, including the following:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
- App Technologies, which are technologies included in our apps that are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. For example, our apps may include SDKs, which is code that sends information about your use to a server. These SDKs allow us to track our communications, bring you advertising both on and off the Service, and provide you with additional functionality, such as the ability to connect our Service with your social media account.
- Location-Identifying Technologies, which are technologies used to collect your location. For example, GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth may be used to collect precise location data when you consent to precise location tracking through our apps. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies for analytics and advertising, and your rights and choices regarding them, see the “Analytics and Advertising” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections below.
C. Information from Other Sources.
We also collect information from other sources.
- Business Customers of TicketCo.
- Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Service, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
5. Information on Behalf of Our Customers.
For further information on your rights and choices regarding Customer Data, see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
6. Use of Information.
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- Operate and manage our Service, including your registration and account.
- Perform services requested by you, such as respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service.
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities.
- Conducting research, including focus groups and surveys.
- Improving the Service or other TicketCo websites, apps, marketing efforts, products and services.
- Developing and sending you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications about our and other entities’ products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services.
- Conducting promotions, including verifying your eligibility and delivering prizes in connection with your entries.
- Fulfilling any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your notice and/or consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
7. Sharing of Information.
- Service Providers. We share information with entities that process information on our behalf for our business purposes. Service providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, email services, and technical support. Service providers are generally restricted to using personal information only in connection with the services they provide to us; however, they may be permitted to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Vendors and Other Parties. We share information with vendors for business and commercial purposes, including analytics and advertising technology companies. Vendors may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section below.
- Affiliates. We share information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies for business purposes such as customer support, marketing, product development, and technical operations. We also may share information with affiliates for commercial purposes.
- Customers. We share information with our customers in connection with us processing information on their behalf. For example, we share information with our customers in order to facilitate your orders, maintain and administer your online accounts, respond to your questions and comments, comply with your requests, market and advertise to you, and otherwise comply with applicable law.
- Merger or Acquisition. We share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, change of control, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our business or assets (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), or a transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to another party.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We share information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or anyone else.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
8. Social Media and Technology Integrations.
We offer parts of our Service through websites, platforms, and services operated or controlled by separate entities. In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by separate entities into parts of our Service. Some examples include:
- Links. Our Service includes links that hyperlink to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us.
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Service that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your account through social media. If you choose to engage with such integration, we may receive information from the social network that you have authorized to share with us. Please note that the social network may independently collect information about you through the integration.
9. Analytics and Advertising.
We use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how users access and use the Service. In addition, we work with agencies, advertisers, ad networks, and other technology services to place ads about our products and services on other websites and services. For example, we place ads through Google and Facebook that you may view on their platforms as well as on other websites and services.
As part of this process, we may incorporate tracking technologies into our own Service (including our website and emails) as well as into our ads displayed on other websites and services. Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you (“Interest-based Advertising”).
We also use audience matching services to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Service or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). This is done by us uploading a customer list to a technology service or incorporating a pixel from a technology service into our own Service, and the technology service matching common factors between our data and their data. For instance, we incorporate the Facebook pixel on our Service and may share your email address with Facebook.
For further information on the types of tracking technologies we use on the Service and your rights and choices regarding analytics, Interest-based Advertising, and Matched Ads, please see the “Information Collected Automatically” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections.
10. Your Rights and Choices.
A. Account Information.
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to us through your account by visiting your account settings or sending an email to the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below. Note that information can also have been transferred to the event organizer as part of their data ownership and requests must also potentially be directed to them.
If your personal data is being processed based on pursuing a legitimate interest of TicketCo, our customers or a third party, you have the right to object to the processing unless TicketCo or a third party has compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
B. Tracking Technology Choices.
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- App and Location Technologies. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app. You can also reset your device Ad Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. You can stop all collection of precise location data through an app by uninstalling the app or withdrawing your consent through your device settings.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
C. Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/.
The companies we work with to provide you with targeted ads are required by us to give you the choice to opt out of receiving targeted ads. Most of these companies are participants of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the targeted ads provided by these companies, and how to opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from them, please visit: (i) for website targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/choices; (ii) for app targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices; and (iii) for targeted ads from NAI participants, https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or from other technology services).
To opt out of us using your data for Matched Ads, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below and specify that you wish to opt out of Matched Ads. We will request that the applicable technology service not serve you matched ads based on information we provide to it. Alternatively, you may directly contact the applicable technology service to opt out.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you through the Mobile App by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt out options or programs, or the accuracy of any other entities’ statements regarding them opt out options or programs.
- E-mails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or TicketCo’s ongoing business relations.
Please note that your opt-out is limited to the email address, device, and phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
E. Unlinking Your Accounts.
11. Links to External Websites
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen. No parts of our Site, Mobile App or Service are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.
13. Data Security.
TicketCo uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Service and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you, collected from you, or submitted by you. We will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of information that you provide or that we collect through the Service that is stored by us or our service providers, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse.
15. Contact Us.